Monday, January 9, 2012

Mosely Folding Bath Tub

Before today, I never knew a folding tub existed. I saw the Mosely folding tub on American Pickers and I pretty much knew that I'd be posting about it on here. The folding tubs were really beautiful and well-crafted. If only these still existed in this day and age...

The Mosely folding bath tub was manufactured in Chicago, Ill. in the mid 1880's. They came with a copper tank, heated by a kerosene burner.

Quotes from the original advertisement include "If you have no bathroom, buy a Mosely folding bath tub", "Don't look around for another house", and "Acts well and looks well". The ad also stated that the tub heated water at a moment's notice.


3 comments:

  1. I saw it on American Pickers too, very cool for sure. Love your concept of making sure old things are not forgotten
    Gary
    http://GaryBizzo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to find out information on this. I'm writing a novel set in the 1890's and want to use this item. I too had seen it on American Pickers. Can you give me a website where I can get some information? I need the date it was made the first time and so forth. you can contact me at: brenda.gallaher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just such an amazing item, that is something I would love to have. Something that amazing from our history should never be lost.

    ReplyDelete